Every day you face critical issues that can disrupt your business, and natural hazards that can wreak havoc on your business. Tropical storms and hurricanes are among nature’s most powerful and destructive phenomena. They can produce violent winds, incredible waves, torrential rains and floods.
Prepare for Hurricanes & Tropical Storms
Preparing for natural disasters can help safeguard your physical assets, as well as reduce the probability of a serious interruption to business operations. Whether you are an employee or an employer, it is essential to take proactive steps in preparing for unpredictable natural disasters.
Hurricane Preparedness Checklist
Use the Hurricane Preparedness Checklist to help develop your action plan based on the potential areas of impact to your organization.
Contact CNA’s Claim Catastrophe Operations Center
Report a New Claim
CNA’s Claim Catastrophe Operations Center is fully operational and ready to assist customers with claims related to hurricanes and tropical storms.
Once the losses have been reported, CNA's professional claim staff will be on hand in the Claim Catastrophe Operations Center to assist with policyholders' daily needs.
- Voice: 877-706-0671
- Fax: 877-733-4254
Small Business Support
Recover After Hurricanes & Tropical Storms
Immediately following a hurricane or tropical storm and once local authorities have confirmed that it is safe to return to your business, we recommend the following:
As you return to normal business operations:
- Report downed power lines, flooded roads, damaged water mains and/or electrical equipment.
- Do not drink tap water until authorities confirm that it is safe to do so.
- Communicate with your employees, customers and business partners to provide reassurance and plans for business to return to normal. Understand that they may also be dealing with their own losses.
- Ensure that the site is inspected thoroughly before anyone returns to work — this will protect your employees and prevent future loss.
- Use qualified professionals and have electrical, water and HVAC systems inspected, take precautions in areas where pipes may have leaked, and verify that the atmosphere is safe, replacing filters as needed.
- Schedule an inspection of elevators and life safety systems to ensure they are functional.
Helpful Third-Party Resources