Recover After Tropical Storm Barry
Immediately following Barry and once local authorities have confirmed that it is safe to return to your business, we recommend the following:
- Report downed power lines, flooded roads, damaged water mains and/or electrical equipment.
- Do not drink tap water until authorities confirm that it is safe to do so.
- Communicate with your employees, customers and business partners to provide reassurance and plans for business to return to normal. Understand that they may also be dealing with their own losses.
As you return to normal business operations:
- Ensure that the site is inspected thoroughly before anyone returns to work — this will protect your employees and prevent future loss.
- Use qualified professionals and have electrical, water and HVAC systems inspected, take precautions in areas where pipes may have leaked, and verify that the atmosphere is safe, replacing filters as needed.
- Schedule an inspection of elevators and life safety systems to ensure they are functional.
Report a Claim
Need to report a claim? We're standing by. Our claim service professionals are here to support you.
You can report a claim via: