Every day you face critical issues that can disrupt your business, and natural hazards that can wreak havoc on your business. Tropical storms and hurricanes are among nature’s most powerful and destructive phenomena. They can produce violent winds, incredible waves, torrential rains and floods. The time to plan for a disaster is now – not after a loss occurs.
As Florence tracks towards the United States, be sure to follow these 6 steps found in our Hurricane Preparation Guide:
- Organize the details of your businesses operations.
- Identify and address vulnerabilities.
- Create a facility and equipment checklist.
- Address budget implications.
- Identify communications protocols.
- Activate your business continuity plans.
Preparing for such incidents like Hurricane Florence can help safeguard your physical assets, as well as reduce the probability of a serious interruption to business operations. Whether you are an employee or an employer, it is essential to take proactive steps in preparing for unpredictable natural disasters.
Stay up-to-date on the Florence’s path and projections with the National Hurricane Center.