The Accounting Internship Program is a 10-week program designed to prepare highly talented accounting students for a career in corporate accounting. The program offers hands-on training in a variety of accounting disciplines. Students who have successfully completed the internship may be considered for our Accounting Rotational Business Associate (ARBA) program, which has been an integral part of CNA for over 30 years. Graduates of the ARBA program hold a variety of positions throughout the organization, including numerous senior leadership roles.
Interns receive on-the-job training, as well as classroom training on insurance accounting and reporting, in addition to learning about CNA’s specific accounting and reporting methodologies. Internships are available in areas such as:
- Financial Reporting
- Insurance Accounting
- Investment Accounting
- Internal Audit
- Accounting Controls
Each assignment is integral to a specific area’s function and activities. Interns report to an experienced manager and work in a team of other CNA Finance staff. CNA’s ARBA Program Committee oversees participants’ professional development and sets expectations for and requirements of each individual. The goal of the program is to provide interns with valuable skills, competencies and knowledge within the corporate accounting world.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Major in Accounting with a minimum of 12 hours of Accounting credits preferred
- A minimum 3.2 GPA (overall and major)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills
- The ability to influence and develop collaborative relationships
- Interest in the insurance industry
- Interest in CNA as a long-term career opportunity
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
Intern Program Location*
CNA corporate headquarters is located in the heart of downtown Chicago at 333 S. Wabash Ave, just one block west of Michigan Avenue.
*Applicants must reside in the local area and have means to commute daily to the office location.