The Actuarial Rotation Program seeks to develop entry-level actuaries into broad-based insurance professionals by providing support through rotation, education, study time, financial assistance and mentoring.
The Actuarial Rotation Program gives students the opportunity to experience a broad spectrum of actuarial roles. During the rotation, students explore a wide array of actuarial techniques and considerations across various products and functions. Actuarial positions are in Pricing, Reserving and Data Analytics.
Participants also receive:
- Exam support, access to a study room, paid exam fees, study notes and access to external seminars. Separate exam salary increases and first-attempt passing salary increases are paid upon completion of each exam.
- A mentoring relationship that lasts a minimum of 18 months and includes career advice, exam tips, rotation advice and networking opportunities
- Actuarial learning opportunities in the form of general business sessions, as well as continuing education sessions for credentialed CAS actuaries
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Pursuit of a degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or a similar field
- Strongly preferred 3.5/4.0 GPA; minimum GPA 3.0/4.0 or 4.0/5.0 to date
- Successful completion of at least one CAS actuarial exam
- Successful completion of CNA’s Actuarial Internship Program is preferred
- Demonstration of excellent technical, analytical and communication skills, as well as leadership potential
- Participation in campus or community organizations and activities
- Interest in the insurance industry
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
Learn more about internship and trainee programs.
CNA Future Leaders Program