In today’s litigious society, managing risk is critical. Learn the most effective ways to protect your patients and your practice.
The CNA HealthPro Dental Professional Liability Risk Management Program is one of the most comprehensive programs available. This online self-study course is designed for dentists and dental staff members who seek to enhance patient care and reduce the risk of a malpractice claim. This course will provide you with skills, tips and techniques to better manage patients and their care.
The CNA HealthPro Dental Professional Liability Risk Management Program consists of five modules, including malpractice claim examples and discussion of associated risk management issues.
Module 1 A Look at Claims, Risk Management Overview, Legal Concepts
Module 2 Pre-Treatment Issues, Clinical Treatment
Module 3 Record Keeping and Documentation
Module 4 Effective Patient Communication, Patient Management
Module 5 Managing Adverse Events, Reporting and Handling Claims
A short exam follows each module, making it easy to progress through the course at your own pace.
Among the topics addressed in the course are:
- Pre-treatment issues, such as the medical history, examinations and radiography.
- Best practices for managing the clinical risks of specific dental procedures.
- Managing adverse events.
- Creating patient records that document and support your care.
- Managing patient expectations.
- Informed consent and informed refusal.
- Patient management risks.
- Risk management decision making.
This informative program is available around the clock at your convenience. It will motivate you to assess your practice, apply critical thinking based upon the information presented and make prudent choices that enhance patient care and help you to reduce your risk of a malpractice claim.
Upon completion of the CNA HealthPro Dental Professional Liability Risk Management Program, participants should be able to:
- Assess and update risk management practices.
- Make the informed consent process, including informed refusal a critical factor in patient management.
- Explain how improved risk management improves patient care.
- Implement record keeping practices that both enhance patient care and reduce malpractice risks.
- Recognize the importance of good communication in dental practice.
- Understand how the concepts of the standard of care and professional negligence apply to dental practice.
- Implement protocols directed at minimizing the consequences of adverse events.
Continuing Education Information
Participants who complete the course by scoring 75 percent or greater on each of the module examinations will be awarded a total of 8 hours of dental continuing education credit.
- CNA HealthPro is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing dental education programs of this program provider are accepted by AGD for Fellowship/Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from 01/01/2011 to 12/31/2014.
- Provider AGD ID Number 209717
All dentists insured through the Professional Protector Plan® for Dentists who complete the course will receive a credit on their professional liability premium upon renewal for three consecutive policy years, if eligible. (The premium credit also is available for attending the live CNA HealthPro Dental Professional Liability Risk Management Seminar.)
Course Fees and Payment
Dentists insured for professional liability by CNA/ Professional Protector Plan ® for Dentists (and their staff members): Course fee of $60.00 per person (Please contact your professional liability insurance broker for the discount code to receive the $60.00 fee.)
Dentists NOT insured for professional liability through the Professional Protector Plan ® for Dentists, as well as all other course participants: Course fee of $120.00 per person
Purchases can be made via Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or through a PayPal account.
Refund requests received within 30 days of the purchase of the course will receive a full refund. Refund requests received more than 30 days after purchase will receive a 50% refund.
There are no prerequisite courses to the CNA HealthPro Dental Professional Liability Risk Management Program. It is available to any user.
View computer system recommendations and compatibilities.
Don't miss this opportunity to obtain comprehensive dental risk management information and continuing education credit in a convenient online format. Take steps today to reduce the risk of a patient injury, increase patient satisfaction, and manage your liability exposure! Click here to access the course.
If you are experiencing difficulties with the online course, please use the course help tab and/or contact email@example.com. Please allow up to 24 hours for a response.
CNA HealthPro is providing this course as an educational instrument that may assist you in reducing your liability risk. CNA HealthPro makes no guarantee or warranty, express or implied, that the completion of this course or application of the information contained within will reduce or eliminate liability risks for a specific individual or risk situation.
CNA HealthPro, a business unit of CNA, provides insurance products to dental professionals. Available coverages include professional liability, general liability, property, employment practices liability, and workers compensation.
Please remember that only the relevant insurance policy can provide the actual terms, coverages, amounts, conditions and exclusions for an insured. All products and services may not be available in all states and may be subject to change without notice. All references to dental claim data refer to CNA HealthPro claim data.
The Professional Protector Plan ® is a registered trademark of B&B Protector Plans, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Brown & Brown, Inc., Daytona Beach and Tampa, Florida and is underwritten by Continental Casualty Company and National Fire Insurance Company of Hartford.