CNA’s Actuarial Internship Program provides real-world experience through practical actuarial assignments and mentoring by your manager. You will be furnished with housing in downtown Chicago, and at the conclusion of the internship will be considered for full time employment.
All projects and managers are selected by a committee to ensure that you receive meaningful and challenging actuarial work. In addition to the experience acquired on the job, you will have the opportunity to participate in:
- Breakfasts with senior staff, covering various topics related to the insurance industry
- Specialized training sessions and activities
- Professional and personal development activities in areas such as public speaking and presentation preparation
- Networking and leisure-time activities that provide opportunities to meet many full time actuaries from all areas of CNA
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Pursuit of a degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or a similar field
- Strongly prefer 3.5/4.0 GPA or higher; minimum GPA of 3.25/4.0 to date
- Successful completion of at least one CAS actuarial exam
- Demonstration of excellent technical, analytical and communication skills, as well as leadership potential
- Participation in campus or community organizations and activities
- Interest in the insurance industry
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
Learn more about internship and trainee programs.
CNA Future Leaders Program